Stuffed Pita Pockets with Creamy Cilantro Dressing and Peppermint
There’s something irresistible about pita pockets. They’re perfect for warm summer days and are surprisingly easy to make. They’re also super versatile as you can fill them with so many different flavors!
Here’s a pita pocket recipe we’re sure you’ll enjoy. It’s a great way to make use of any cilantro and peppermint you’ve got growing in your Click & Grow smart garden.
For the dressing
- Generous bunch of cilantro
- Garlic cloves
- Splash of lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
For stuffed pita bread
- Pita bread
- Bunch of fresh peppermint
- Red onion
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fresh cucumber
- For the dressing, combine cilantro, mayonnaise and 1-2 garlic cloves with a hand blender until the mixture is nice, smooth and green. Add a splash of lime juice and some salt and pepper to taste. If you like some extra kick in the dressing, add some chopped chili.
- For stuffed pita bread, cut the tomatoes, slice the red onion and prepare the fresh cucumber with the vegetable peeler.
- Fry your own homemade falafels or use store-bought ones. Warm the pita bread on a grill, oven or a frying pan, as you prefer.
- Combine the pockets - spread creamy cilantro dressing on the pita pocket, add cucumber, tomato, falafels, onion and fresh peppermint. Finish it off by adding some extra dressing to the pocket.
Recipe and images by Marju Potter. For more food inspiration, be sure to follow Marju on instagram.
Grow the freshest food this summer and beyond
Explore more recipes: