Here’s a little secret for you – your smart garden can help improve your love life.
Now, we know what you’re thinking. “What the heck does a garden have to do with my love life?” Fear not and read on. We’re about to reveal how your smart garden can become your biggest ally...
1. Grow aphrodisiac foods
If you ask any relationship expert, they’ll tell you that cooking dinner for your date is a great way to bond. Cooked food brings out the aromas and flavors in ingredients, making them taste even better when eaten together.
You can use your smart garden to grow aphrodisiac ingredients. Here are just a few examples:
- Parsley - Parsley is a popular ingredient in cooking, adding balance and color to dishes. It’s also believed to increase your libido. Add some parsley to your meal and enjoy.
- Sage - Known as one of the most powerful herbs in the world, sage leaves are great for improving blood flow in your body and increasing sensuality. Add some sage leaves to a savory dish. It goes especially well with pumpkin, potatoes, pasta and red meats.
- Mint - Also known as "Breath of Fresh Air," mint leaves are good for relaxation and heart health. You can put mint leaves on your plate or use them in a tea blend for a great boost in energy levels during dinner.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - It's believed that capsaicin, the compound that makes chilies spicy, stimulates nerve endings on the tongue. This can trigger the release of chemicals that boost libido.
2. Grow impressive garnishes for cocktails
One of the cutest ways to use your indoor garden is to grow garnishes for cocktails.
You don’t need to over-complicate it. A few sprigs of mint in the glass for classic cocktails like the mojito or the mint julep can add a touch of class. If you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, how about some edible flowers such as pansies? These beautiful plants can add color and visual interest to any drink.
When you grow your own garnishes, you’re making a gesture that shows you pay attention to detail.
3. Grow plants for aromatherapy
Your home is your sanctuary, so use plants to make it a relaxing place for you and your loved one. Plants release oxygen and absorb carbon dioxide, making the air in your home easier to breathe.
They also absorb toxins and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), purifying the air around them. Many plants such as rosemary, lavender and peppermint give off therapeutic scents that can promote relaxation.
Aromatherapy can help set the mood for romance. Research has shown that scent enhances emotion and has been used by therapists for years to change moods and feelings. It has the power to take you back to the happiest memories in life.
Smell can evoke memories, create moods and heighten a sense of well-being. It’s one of the most powerful senses and enhances sensuality like no other sense can.
4. Create a romantic centerpiece for your dining table
When you’re planning a romantic meal, you want the setting to be just right. The ambiance should be memorable and the details thoughtful.
One of the easiest ways to use your indoor garden to enhance your love life is by making it a romantic centerpiece for your dining table. This is especially effective if you and your partner like to eat dinner together at home on a regular basis and enjoy cooking meals together as well.
You can create a romantic centerpiece by using a few simple tips and tricks: choose plants with strong romantic connotations (lavender’s a great example), place candles around the garden and light them during dinner.
Create a lush green backdrop for the flowers by adding ivy or moss plants, or place the smart garden on an elevated surface (like a countertop) so it's easily visible from both sides of the table. The garden’s ambient LED lamp helps to create a calming atmosphere.
5. Grow something exotic and symbolic
Your smart garden can be a wonderful place to grow meaningful plants that have stood the test of time. These plants also happen to be perfect conversation starters.
Before dinner, do a little research into their history and memorize a few sentences about what they represent. Watch your partner’s jaw drop as you impress them with knowledge of what they symbolize! Here are some we recommend:
During ancient times, Romans, Europeans and Greeks associated Marjoram with love and happiness.
In ancient Rome, this herb symbolized love and romance and was considered a natural aphrodisiac.
Pansies are often thought of as a symbol of love and loving thoughts. People in ancient Greece and Celtic cultures used the flower in herbal remedies and love potions.
A symbol for romance, love, harmony and gentleness as well as maternal love and feminine energy.
So, since plants have a say in making us happy, why not use them to help you with love and relationships as well? With your Click & Grow smart garden, you’re already a step ahead. Have fun and get growing!